4.9.08

thursday | site of interest

As part of my new blogging plan I hope to update each week on Thursday with a site of interest - a beautiful store, a designer site...something that has caught my attention and inspired me in some way.

Today I'd like to introduce you to Oiko.


I first stumbled across Oiko at Rebus in Beechworth (one of Oiko's many stockists). I was drawn to a beautifully simple, gorgeous green hemp bag...and just had to find out more! Oiko has a gorgeously styled website displaying their original, fair trade, environmentally friendly wares that you really should skip over and take a look at.

The designer behind Oiko, Kathy Stefanac, launched Oiko's first range at Life In Style in Melbourne 2005 and Oiko is now stocked in boutiques and art gallery stores throughout Australia and New Zealand.

The textiles used by Oiko are produced using traditional South East Asian handcrafted techniques and woven by Hmong women in Laos and Vietnam. The waxhemp textiles are completely handmade from processing the raw hemp fibre into yarn through to wax resist dyeing (batik).

No comments: