14.1.08

busy-ness, happy productivity and unexpected excitement



Busy-ness & Happy Productivity |

The first 2 weeks of the new year have been busy busy busy...and that's the way I like it. I've made some more jewellery that has gone up on Hizashi and I'm feeling very happy with my productiveness so far. I'm hoping to get into the graphics for Moyou shortly (in the coming weeks), and some more sewing, so that I can launch it's etsy store...but the jewellery has been keeping me happily busy for the time being.



Unexpected Excitement |

Whilst swimming at Urriara Crossing last Friday afternoon (where my phone was out of range) I missed a call and received a voice mail message from Object Gallery in Sydney. It would seem that I have been nominated by one of my uni lecturers for the National Graduate Award Exhibition. I don't know any more about it than this at this stage. I'm not sure whether there is a further selection process, or what happens from here. I am waiting until a reasonable time this morning to return the call...but I'm really excited!! Just to be nominated in the first place is astonishing :)



I have to get busy this week putting together an application for GOTYA (Design Institute of Australia NSW Graduate Award). There were 3 students from my department nominated for this award and there is an enormous further selection process! The applications are due by 5pm Friday...so I'm looking at having the concept boards couriered up to Sydney that day. Does anyone happen to know of a good courier service that I could use?



2 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Congratulations and good luck! I use Fastway Couriers (nationwide) in Australia, but am not sure if they do one-off customers.

Sarah said...

Ooo thats well exciting, congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)