8.9.11

geometric pattern two | stencil seven

This is the second katagami stencil in the manhole cover series. Cut and complete. This design almost marks the half way point in the stencil design/cutting process.

*NB: Large cup of chai latte in the bottom right corner of the photograph - this is my vice of choice to keep me going for long periods of time at my desk :)

















I am aiming to design and hand-cut 15 stencils in total - 5 in the urban series (which you have already seen), 5 in the manhole cover series (underway now) and 5 in a typographic series (still to come).

After researching and practicing the katazome process in Australia over the coming months, I hope to complete a number of furoshiki using a selection of these stencils. These furoshiki will be created as part of my JUMP project, and will be ready to take back to Japan for critique with my mentor Keiko in mid-October (all going well).

No comments: